Theresa (“Resa”) grew up primarily in Glastonbury, Connecticut (near Hartford) and Alvin, Texas (near Houston). Resa was in the first freshman class of women at Notre Dame and attended Notre Dame thanks to a full, 5-yr., merit-based scholarship from Pratt & Whitney Aircraft. Her first summer out of high school, she interpreted for the wife of the head of the Russian Space program, who had come to Houston with her husband for meetings regarding the Apollo-Soyuz mission. Resa spent her summers during college working at Monsanto, in Texas City, Texas in the Acetic Acid Licensing Dept., and studying Russian at Leningrad State University. During law school, she clerked at Foley & Lardner in Milwaukee.
In her youth, Resa was a competitive swimmer and enjoyed playing the guitar — now, she is married, with two grown daughters. Former Secretary of the board of Summit Academy, a school for children with learning disabilities, former Secretary of the Notre Dame Club of Kentucky, and former Chair of the Intellectual Property Section of the Louisville Bar Association.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Patent Law – Resa has practiced exclusively in the area of intellectual property since 1980.
Resa has prepared and prosecuted patent applications primarily in the mechanical arts on a wide variety of inventions including catalyst loading and testing equipment, artificial joints, intrinsically safe proximity switches and hazardous area connectors, bearings, window blinds, filters, security locks, cyclones, asphalt mixing plants, lawn care equipment; concrete and metal poles, ankle braces, conveyors, high speed sorters, window blinds, goose calls, actuators, bottle caps, and heat recovery steam generators.
Resa has experience in transactional matters, including licensing and other agreements.
Resa also has experience in trademark matters.
Clerked at Foley & Lardner in Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1979
Rexnord, Inc., in Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1980-1983.
Quarles & Brady, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1984-1986.
Middleton & Reutlinger, Louisville, KY 1987-1990
Camoriano and Smith – 1990-1999
Camoriano & Associates 1999 to 2016
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Kentucky Bar in 1987
- Wisconsin Bar in 1980
- USPTO Patent Bar in 1980
- JD University of Virginia, 1980
- BS Engineering Science w/ Highest Honors from University of Notre Dame, 1977 (Engineering Science included the core courses from all the engineering disciplines.)
- BA Russian Language with High Honors from University of Notre Dame, 1976
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Tau Beta Pi
- Father Steiner Award for Engineering (ND Award to top three engineering students
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association
Former secretary of Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association
Member and former Chair of the Intellectual Property Section of Louisville Bar Association
Former Secretary Louisville Women Lawyers Assn
- Lectured at University of Louisville Law School on Patent Law
- Lectured at University of Louisville Small Business Development on Patents and Trademarks
- Lectured on Patents at Louisville Bar Association seminars
- Commissioner on the Kentucky State Executive Branch Ethics Commission